RONDO

조회 수 3228 2006.05.09 22:19:54
Yuna
Hi, it's been ages since I visited this board.Just completed Rondo an hour ago and it has rekindled my admiration for Jiwoo.She's her gorgeous self again in this drama with her natural beauty and porcelain skin and long black hair.this hairstyle suits her best.There really isn't another k-actress quite as ethereal or beautiful as her.
Read in a S'pore mag that her popularity in Japan surpasses hers in Korea and that she gets paid really well like Julia Roberts does for her roles.WOW!
Just hope Jiwoo is more selective in her roles and will not opt to act in dramas like 101 proposal which just didn't quite hit it with her fans.She was really mismatched with the actor.
However,in Rondo,the chemistry with the Jap hunk was a sizzler.They really look good together.Plot was interesting,a departure from the usual K-melodramas.Glad Jiwoo chose to work with Takenouchi in this action-packed series.Loved the dog!LOVED the happy ending!
Good on you,Jiwoo!Can't wait for The Love tree.C U then.

댓글 '8'

joanna1234

2006.05.10 00:21:08

Hello Yuna. glad to hear your comments about jwhime's works present and past. FYI, 101's was original jp script written somewhere in 1970 and was a mega hit was it was screened in Japan and worldwide. In 2003, Jp despatched as a gift to China to be produced with Mainland Chinese Actors, Actresses Hongkong Actors, Actresses and Taiwan Actors and Actresses - dont know what happened that it ended up with majority of Mainland Chinese Actors & Actresses except for the main male actor, Shun Xin whose's Hongkong & British citizen though he was active in Hongkong for awhile b4 he hit for Chinese Mainland. The original story was very simple and concentrated on main actress and main actor and minority cast. Somehow, when it landed in Mainland China it became an UN production - Hk Director, Korean Camerman, Jp Screen writer, Mainland Chinese producer(I think so) - the cast was Korean, Taiwaneses, Mainland Chinese in majority. Many new miniseries was created and squeezed into this original story thus making it very dragging and distorted. Taiwan Entertainment Taoz'er interviewed Shun Xin and he professed that Jwhime is very professional & serious in her work and helping others to capture the emotion. It was then she was recalled by her agent manager to rush back to Korea to shoot STH which produced very good results.

101's was NOT able to play in Korea other than Asia countries as its previous agent manager did not realise a violation of agreement to pay to China Mainland when they intend to play in Korea - so it became an history as noone in Korea got the chance to see it. Instead Jp bought everything from China Mainland including the media, magz, NGs and rights to show it in Japan - it did not garner good result as expected.

Rondo came along as TBS was celebrating its 50th Anniversary and Jwhime was chosen to play the female main role. It is due to Hallyru intensified in Japan that the jp scriptwriter decided to write a story of the two countries who are facing tension and differences up to now. It opened with a 20% TV rating which had never happened to TBS's any jp tv drama for 16 years. So the couple become a talking point and won many viewers for their fantastic and sizzling performances. Hr there were aplenty of "faulsify" rumours about jwhime for the past four months shooting in Japan which Ueta san, Rondo AP San defended and thrashed the jp rumours mongers endlessly.

Jwhime did had a rough patch whilst shooting the Rondo flooded with "ulgy" rumours did not dissipated. At the completion, the jp survey found that jp mina in the 20's supported the new image of Jwhime created in Rondo. Furthermore, Yeon riji opened on 15th April which was remained a strong contender holding box offices for last three weeks in jp top chart.

Pray that all fans or non viewers will give an opportunity to watch Jwhime's works(which I had followed since the Truth, BD, Mr Duke, Nowhere to Hide, EHAS, Romantic President, etc.,) she continues to prove to us that she worked doubly hard in each of her work. We appreciate it very much and hope you will continue to do so.

julian

2006.05.10 09:38:12

Looking forward to the movie version of Rondo. Really, YT and JW sizzles as a couple.

Yuna

2006.05.10 16:35:43

Oh how interesting, Joanna,thanks for the wealth of info u've provided us.Honestly,I didn't know about the rumors or controversy surrounding the production of Rondo nor was I aware that Koreans did not get to view 101 Proposal.Not surprised Rondo garnered such high ratings for its gripping 1st epi-it was so hi-tech and smoothly executed and I loved the scene when they first met at the club where she played the violin.The entire epi was more like scene from a futuristic movie.The plot does get tedious and unnecessarily convoluted as it unfolds in the subsequent epis.(wc xplains why ratings dipped a little) but JW & YT hold the fort with their charisma and chemistry.The theme song was uplifting and most therapeutic.Oops,could ramble on about Rondo but better give others a chance. Cheers..

wrblee

2006.05.11 00:52:03

Hi..I just got chance of watching Rondo in Thailand..
It hasn't shown here (don't know if it got chance to show here)
I load it via d-addicts but it no sub Eng in Episode 8-11.
I love this drama, Jiwoo is very cute with her hair style.
It's interesting to see Jw with new role of strong girl
with gun..hee..hee. ^^ I enjoy watching it!!!
I'm looking for Mr.duke but can't find it yet....:-(
Is it good drama?

jas

2006.05.11 01:49:59

yeah, Mr Duke is one of jiwoo best drama also. it is a light drama but jiwoo look like a princess here as compared to her ordinary war drobe in WS and STH and if you want to enjoy a light comedy, this is a drama you shouldn't miss and if I am not mistaken, jiwoo also got best actress award for her role in Mr Duke

Yuna

2006.05.11 17:42:38

Yeah,Mr Duke is one of JW's finest works,it also showcased her beauty to the hilt with her extensive wardrobe and hairdos.Actually,Jas,the drama is easily available in Sing and M'sia.U can find it at almost all CD/VCD outlets,TS,Poh kim,Music Valley,Friendly records,CD-rama.It's worth watching,so go out and grab it!!!u'll love it!..As for me,I'm watching Rondo for a third time today......U r right,she looks good, wielding a gun,maybe she can be the next Bond girl,eh..cheers..

pamela

2006.06.07 08:47:23

Yeah,Mr duke is one of choi ji woo finest works, her beauty is like a princess

shenku

2007.01.25 13:51:20

I've watched Rondo...
Great drama..., different role from CJW. I think people expected that drama just like Winter Sonata. But the story is good. i think YT and CJW are cute together. So funny when both of them tried to speak other language. cant wait to see them together again!!!
P/S i think CJW is not over in this drama, she's a great actress
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수sort
658 ㄱㅂ rdwe 2004-01-14 3228
657 韓國雜誌&1/16 最新天堂的拍攝照片  [3] Liz 2004-01-18 3228
656 韓國雜誌&天堂14集截圖 Liz 2004-01-17 3228
655 Ji-Woo has nothing to do with this... Jake (찬희) 2004-01-26 3228
654 #17810 Is it about Jiwoo's popularity in Asian market ? [10] kitty 2004-01-27 3228
653 Wallpaper Eve 2004-02-04 3228
652 Long time no see~ [7] Alice 2004-02-27 3228
651 [re] [VOD] JIWOO`s new CF !! noor 2004-03-02 3228
650 Bookmarks eve 2004-03-05 3228
649 actually.....i really dont want to see .... [8] scott 2004-03-09 3228
648 Ji-Woo news from Hyun-Ju...(update) [9] Jake (찬희) 2004-03-16 3228
647 JIWOO's Specail Documentary [2] Jennie 2004-03-16 3228