The last part of Cosmopolitan article

조회 수 3223 2005.04.26 22:48:01
Sandy
Q7. Will you continue playing the role that you are good at?
Yes, I love romantic stories, beautiful(?) dramas, for example Bridget Jones’ Diary, and romantic comedies.  I’ll pick the stories that I like for movies, then I can enjoy shooting.  Although I always cried in the scenes, I like them and was having fun shooting.  In fact, I don’t actually perform so naturally in comedies but the role in ‘Everybody has Secrets’ had some slight changes that I had fun shooting.  I found it meaningful to go for some changes as in that movie.

Q8.  Aren’t you the type that work for enjoyment?
Yes, I am.  That’s why I don’t have so many TV or movie releases every year.  If I don’t enjoy what I do, I’ll find no fun.  I take a break after three to four months’ work.  When I feel working again, I’ll start working.  Both dramas and movies are to provide entertainment.  If the artists don’t have adequate rest and fail to digest the roles due to fatigue, they couldn’t focus well and wouldn’t be able to perform well as expected.  Acting requires concentration that doesn’t necessarily lead to favorable results.  This is upsetting and sad.

Q9.  What do you feel for being the model of Christian Dior’s whitening line this year?
I was so pleased to learn that I would be CD’s model.  When I heard the news firstly, I couldn’t believe that and couldn’t help saying, ‘Really?’  They were very interested in Korean models.  Since they have never chosen an Asian or a Korean as a model, I feel the responsibilities.  Say if the line doesn’t sell after the model is changed, what should we do?  Ahahaha!

Q10. How do you usually care your skin and maintain your beauty?
I used to be lazy not caring about my skin and body.  But I’ve changed my mind right now realizing self-management.  I actually think that skin is gifted.  Once a certain age is reached, it’s important to spend time to care and maintain the skin to make yourself more beautiful.  Pay attention to the management and constant exercising to emit toxin out of the body.  I initially don’t like strenuous exercise.  During the shootings, I used up a lot of energy but didn’t sweat so easily.  I started practicing yoga and like to take a bath as those aren’t so tiring.  I could spend at least 30 – 40 minutes sitting in the bathtub.

Q11.  Do you think that the way of thoughts and lifestyle will affect the looks of one’s face as he/she is responsible for his/her face?
Yes, particularly female.  Once they suffer from mental stress, changes on the face will be shown in just a week.  If the stress is more severe, they can be shown in just a day.  People will ask, “How come your face became like this?”.  Don’t be bothered by the stress and eat healthy food.  I try not to eat unhealthy food.  I like drinking coffee with two spoonfuls of sugar and cream.  My mom has recently fixed some ‘石榴’ juice for me but I’m a little bit allergic to it.  This morning I was allergic again and some pimples came out on my face.  If they can’t be controlled well, they may turn into an inflammation.  I’ve been taking Chinese medicine for two months.

Q12.  As there would be pressures in show business, how do you overcome them once conflicts occur?
When I’ve just started being an actress, I felt hurt hearing negative things.  My blood type is A and I’m cautious not showing emotions on my face.  I went home and slept for several days.  After several years’ experience of hearing unfavorable things such as scandals, I’ll tell myself, “Forget about it.  Those news will be gone soon and there is no need to defend myself since I didn’t do it, ”  There are always people who don’t like me whilst there are fans who love me.  Once I heard about those scandals, I would hang out with my close friends or long-time onni.   Then those unhappiness would be gone completely.  I’m an optimist that can forget unpleasant things easily.  Those experienced artists and juniors in this field made me become optimistic.

Q13. What would you do to make yourself happy and what wouldn’t you do?
I like hanging out.  I have ten years’ friendship with the artists such as申愛羅, etc.  They are great assets to me.  I’m so fortunate to have met those good friends in this unsteady, frequently changing field.  I’ll go out for a drink and sing karaoke with them whenever I’m free.

Q14.Besides those intimate friends, you’ve been working with the staff for a long time, for instance your stylist whom you have worked with for almost eleven years.  How do you maintain your relationship with them?
There is no particular way.  I don’t hate other people so easily.  The longer I know them, the more my affection will be.  I don’t really like those whom I’ve just met that try to get close too fast.  Since my blood type is A, I have sincerity once I like somebody though I’m not good at pleasing people.  I don’t have any special reasons to switch the agency that I’ve worked with for five years.  I’ve just thought that it’s time to change the environment and face new challenges.  I didn’t have too much anticipation when I started becoming an actress.  But now I need the management of my overseas activities.  Many people like and care about me.

Q15.  Do you think that you’re at the best age to have a romantic relationship?
You think so. Ahahaha!  If I say I don’t have time to have a romantic relationship due to my busy schedule, it’ just an excuse.  I don’t know when I’ll be in love.  I’ll just fall in love when it comes.

댓글 '3'

Jennifer O

2005.04.27 02:26:07

Thanks a lot Sandy. Wise answers of our beautiful snow princess~~~

xuexi

2005.04.29 22:53:12

Thank you, Sandy for translating the final part of the article. Yes! dear Jiwoo has grown wiser thru her years of showbiz experiences. May she find her true love soon ~~~~~~~

bluewater

2005.05.01 21:56:21

Dear Sandy,
once again, thank you very much for your effort and kindness to translate
this articles.
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수sort
526 [flash]­«·Å¥VÅʪº¦³¬Ã [1] liz 2004-09-13 3225
525 (M/V) Because You Love Me - Celine Dion [9] sunny지우 2004-09-15 3225
524 Photos Of JW & SW! [4] Tan Li Li 2004-09-21 3225
523 [分享]三部《天国的阶梯》的MTV,别错过啊~~~~ [1] liz 2004-09-21 3225
522 [转帖]一些韩友制作的天堂精美动画 [5] liz 2004-09-22 3225