[re] Jake...."Tennen Bokke"

조회 수 3343 2002.05.18 10:28:37
Jake (찬희)
Click for video clip

oh, okay... I will translate the show for you...but it will take kinda long... i finished like half of it now..hehe... took 2 hours...

Man: (asking Shim Hae-Jin, woman on left) Shim Hae-Jin, what comes to your mind when you think of Choi, Ji Woo?
Shim: She is like a doll.
Man: (off screen) Like a doll...
Shim: She is so pretty like a doll.
Man: (off screen) Lee Sung-Min (woman on right) is also like a doll, isn't she?
[laughter]
Shim: Well, there are many kind of dolls...
Lee: A doll that is sitting down and one that is standing up.  It feels something like that...
Shim & Lee: A small doll...  A big doll...
Lee: A tall and slim doll...  A cabbage doll...
Man: Right.  Choi, Ji-Woo who has always been loved for her pure and innocent image...  Let's see what is the real truth behind her.  Today, let's discover her secrets...  Start, together~!!

[video footage starts with title 'Star! Game of Truth'  'Choi, Ji-Woo']

Narration:  Choi, Ji-Woo, a beautiful woman with kind eyes and milky white skin, always pure and innocent...  As years pass by, she is showing us her new and hidden sides on TV, but let's see how similar her real personality is with her TV personalities...  Now, we will reveal all of her hidden secrets!

[talks about Ji-Woo being picked for most look-alike Isabelle Adjandi, later appearing in the movie 'Runaway Incident of Park Bong-Gohn' as a mute butcher woman.  Says she has a crazy kiss-scene in this movie with the director, who is old enough to be her uncle.]

Shim: (off-screen while the kiss-scene is showing) Director Yuh was lucky...

Ji-Woo: Director Yuh told me not to think of him as a man, but as a beast, or some non-animate object.  He said that would improve my acting, so I just did that (short laughter).

Ryu Si-Won: He said, 'Huh?  Choi, Ji-Woo did a realistic kiss in some movie...'  So I asked, 'What's the name of the movie?'  'Runaway Incident of Park Bong-Gohn.'

Ryu: So, I rented the movie and saw it.  He was not joking. (So I said to myself) Man, what a presumptuous...

Narration: Because of her innocent and pure image, eveyone thought she couldn't even kiss.  But after this, questions concerning kiss never ended for her...

Ji-Woo: (while acting) I thought if you kept hearing my voice, maybe you will think of me.

Narration: Also, another thing about Ji-Woo was her crying acts.  They were amazing, close to perfection, even in her early years, hence getting many people's attention.  Her ever-flowing tears soon became her special talent and trademark.

[On a board that says, "5 things Ji-Woo is most likely to do well"]

MC: Cry well...  Do you cry a lot?
Ji-Woo: Yes, I cry a lot.
MC: Like while watching a Movie?
Ji-Woo: Yes.
MC: While watching your own acting?
Ji-Woo: No, I don't do that...

Narration: But at that time, her pure and innocent image was her main attraction.  And some started to say that she had the beauty, but lacked acting ability.
But finally, everyone agreed that her acting has improved in the SBS drama 'Beautiful Days'

[Talks about her character in 'Beautiful Days' and how her acting got the viewer's attention and touched their emotion]

Lee: (off-screen) She really cries good...

Narration: Okay, now let's see how similar her TV personality is with her real self.

Ji-Woo: Who?  Si-Won oppa?  Well, he is so perfect, so he really doesn't have any hidden secrets.
He is acting arrogant again.

Ryu Si-Won: Do you want to make a scandel?
Ji-Woo: You have to be sincere.
Ryu Si-Won: So you want to make a scandel?  Just decide on that.
Ryu Si-Won: Do you want to be in a scandel?
Ji-Woo: Why are you doing this?  Eat it, you had it in your mouth~
Ryu Si-Won: If you want to be in a scandel, feed it to me.

Ryu Si-Won: When the camera is away, she always feeds me food....
She goes to the restroom with me....
While changing clothes, she helps me wear things, also...
Well, I feel really uncomfortable when she feeds me things like this chocolate...
Especially when she does that infront of many people while filming...
Since we are close, I can't say no...  So I just let her take care of me, since I have good manners...
Ji-Woo: Don't be so arrogant~  (her facial expression is more like, 'Don't be an ass~')

Ryu Si-Won: This situation is Ji-Woo when she is with Lee Byung-Hun after playing around with me...  (imitating Ji-Woo's voice) 'Sir, did you have your meal?'  Then when she comes to me, 'Oppa, did you eat something?'

MC: What did you usually think of Park Chan-Ho?
Ji-Woo: I think good of him...

Ji-Woo: I'm a fox.  To be honest, I'm like a fox.

Park Yong-Ha: She doesn't pretend or hide her personality, but when she acts, she has a bit of fox-like feel...  Like, she says 'How can I do that?' but then she does everything...
'It's so hard... How can I cry...?' but she cries well...  During the scene in a drama we did together, she danced throughout the 5 minute song without resting.  At first she was like, 'How can I dance?  I can't dance...'  But later, we had to stop her from dancing...

MC: So did you think of becoming a teacher?
Ji-Woo: Yes, I did...  I really love children...  So...
But to think now, I think it was a good idea that I didn't.
When kids keep crying and don't listen, I think I will stop talking and use force...I think hand will go first...

MC: We always think Ji-Woo is clean and pure, almost too clean...
How are you in real life?
Ji-Woo: No, I am not like that...  I am so different...  I am not neat or anything like that...
I am very forgetful, so I loose hand bags, shoes, wallets, and clothes easily...
I'm not as careful...

Lee: (off-screen) If you're around her, I think you can get something for free...

MC: Her drinking habit is that she drinks until she can't take it anymore, and then she drinks more, so I really worry.

Ji-Woo: There are times when there seems to be no end to it...  But in my case, I don't know when I'm sitting down.  When I stand up, I become dizzy, and my legs get weak...  So when I stand up, I fall down...

댓글 '8'

starfish

2002.05.18 22:57:13

oops... now i see how she gets into scandlas, by being too friendly! but anyway, why wld siwon do that? he should count himself lucky.

Jake (찬희)

2002.05.19 01:42:38

Ryu Si-Won was obviously exagerating about Ji-Woo's kindness... I think he likes making fun of Ji-Woo, since they are close...

dotty

2002.05.19 13:48:45

I'm afraid I can't get the drift-Was everything said in jest or was Ryu insinuating that CJW is flirtatious?And is the other person actually implying that JW is a drunkard? Holy Cow!!!They're joking,aren't they?Jake!!Help!!

Jake (찬희)

2002.05.19 14:09:33

Yes, and no.. hehe... Ryu was exagerating everything to show how close they are as friends, enough to joke around with such sensitive thing as scandels... I think JiWoo admist she is a bit flirtateous, as she considers herself a bit of a fox(as in cunning)... They try to show how JiWoo acts around handsome men like Lee ByunHun and Park ChanHo...

Jake (찬희)

2002.05.19 14:15:02

But then again, everyone's flirtatious to some degree... JiWoo doesn't seem to drink often, but when she does, I think she drinks out of mood that surrounds her... On TV, they always exagerate everything to make the celebrity's personality seem interesting... They don't mention how much she drinks, just that she drinks until she can't handle herself.. and i'm sure it's not always that way... ^^

Jake (찬희)

2002.05.19 14:18:38

i think the show was more about reviewing JiWoo's appearances on TV, rather than really seriously studying her true character... Don't take it so seriously, just have fun watching the different sides of JiWoo.. ^^

dotty

2002.05.19 14:31:05

Thanks Jake-that sure was reassuring-as usual I worry too darn much-come to think of it-they were taliking more about her tv roles-there're scenes in BD&WLS where she is so drunk that she can't walk straight or see straight,hence in both the two heroes had to heave her over their backs & trudge laboriously down the street as if she weighed a tonne!

jude

2002.05.19 22:33:25

thhank you...i'm reading at dial up sped sp things are slow but it is wonderful to read this......thank you
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수sort
550 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BELOVED JIWOO kinki 2007-06-11 3342
549 Jiwoo will [NOT] be in Shanghai again on 11/22-11/23 [8] alexmom 2003-11-15 3342
548 Flying to Hong Kong? [1] jake 2002-09-08 3342
547 Dear Jiwoo sandy 2002-08-15 3342
546 pretty captures made by kola [4] kola 2002-05-22 3342
545 [VOD] Jiwoo in LV Grand Opening Ceremony 마리아 2008-03-17 3343
544 hello jake pls post the photo again(An old pic of Ji-woo and Sang Woo dd 26/01/04) jen 2004-10-05 3343
543 Jake:could u Translate "Free Board"'s NO.5322,Please!!! [1] hawk 2002-03-18 3343
542 Song [2] anhvuhong 2005-08-17 3344
541 Any HK Jiwoo fans? [3] Michelle 2005-07-10 3344
540 4/23,送机照 eve 2004-04-23 3344
539 You Light Up My Life [3] JW1004 2004-02-26 3344