Translation of Cosmpolitan article, Part II

조회 수 3226 2005.04.19 15:35:38
Sandy
Here are the Q & A up to 6.  The rest will be done soon.

Q1.  Congratulations for your being the first Cosmopolitan cover page model.  What do you feel about it?
‘The first time’ is a phrase that makes people very excited.  I was pleased to be selected and am very happy about it.  I’m going to read Cosmopolitan every month since it’s my favorite.

Q2.  Do you and Cosmopolitan have anything in common?  This magazine has certain suggestions about lifestyles.  Do you think they suit you?
Cosmopolitan is very interesting because it directly writes about what I want to know.  For example, I would like to know the psychology of guys but got no courage to ask people.  After reading, I have more knowledge in this field.  I can also be able to realize how other people think, how they spend their time and what bothers them, etc.  Actually I’m at an age for a relationship and I like reading stuff about falling in love or guys’ psychology naturally.

Q3.  After you made the movie, ‘Everybody has Secrets’, you spent most of your time overseas or shooting commercials.  Why?
I haven’t decided the next job yet and I’m still looking for it.  I basically don’t work on so many jobs and I can’t handle them Since shooting requires a lot of planning and preparations, I can’t deal with shooting several movies at the same time.  I have more romantic stories in my case.  Romantic movie or drama series require devotion and concentration to portray the role plus the fact that shooting needs enormous physical strength.

Q4.  What have you recently spend your time?
No movie or drama shooting allows me to work overseas.  Recently I have spent more time on exercising.  As a matter of fact, I don’t like exercising and spent very little time on workouts.  But one day I started caring about workouts.  I have been practicing yoga, working out 2 hours everyday.  I’m also taking Japanese and English lessons.  It isn’t so easy since I need to spend a week or so if I work overseas.  I can only attend a few lessons in a month that I don’t improve so much.

Q5.  Why are the Asian fans so fond of you?  Can you explain on behalf of the stars of ‘Korean Wave’?
They don’t like the real character of me myself but like the character of the roles I played.  Many people have experienced frustration in love.  Once they watch my drama series particularly the role that I played, they could recall their feelings of heartbreaking.  Then they cried and got happy as I did while watching.  I think that is what they like me best. Whatever it is, I’m very pleased to have so many fans favoring me.  Regarding ‘Korean Wave’, as in Japan, the phenomenon of ‘Korean Wave’ emerged due to the drama series.  The nationals in Japan have developed favorable feelings towards Korea.  I’m personally very glad to be able to generate certain effects as a Korean performing artist.  However, I have another point of view.  We spent a large amount of efforts and time on shooting.  If this is so, ending up with a perfect drama would be so fantastic.  Frankly speaking, the conditions of shooting drama aren’t so great.  Shooting time is so short that I can see my drowsy eyes in so many scenes.  Most of the people don’t notice but I could see them very clearly.  Those scenes have been on screen not only once but repeatedly.  I really feel sorry about it.

Q6.  In the dramas, you often portrayed the role of a pure girl falling in love.  On the other hand, you played a cheerful and pleasant character in movies.  Do you have any principles of choosing the role?

The key lies on whether I can do a good job for the role or not.  Many people say, “An actor should be able to play any roles to be a good actor.  I have a totally different thought.  Some actors are gifted in a particular field.  It would be good if he/she could focus on his/her talents.  For instance, somebody who has talents in comedies can keep developing his strength to reach a higher horizon.  Somebody who is good at love scenes can further practice to develop his potential.  Focusing on one particular role could be good but could be bad for the performing artists.  What I think is that I’ll try to extend my boundary gradually.  If I change abruptly, I’ll feel unnatural towards myself and the fans won’t see it so comfortably.  

댓글 '6'

julian

2005.04.19 18:00:15

Thank you Sandy for the translation. We foreign fans of CJW are very appreciative of your efforts. You keep us informed of what is the latest on our idol. We are always hungry for news about her and we are eagerly waiting for her next project.

kk

2005.04.19 22:30:31

Thank you Sandy for sharing. I am happy that the interviews of Jiwoo can be translated.

xuexi

2005.04.19 23:16:56

Thanks very much, Sandy for sparing your time to translate JW's interview in Cosmopolitan mag. It's interesting and insightful to know JW's personal thoughts on her acting career and expectation.

Warmest regards to all of you ~~~~~~~~

Tan Li Li@rabbit

2005.04.21 02:01:32

Dear Sandy,
Thanks again for the Part II translation! I enjoy reading very much! :)

collage

2005.04.22 21:41:52

just want to thank you for sharing us informations about Jiwoo.Is there a possibility that we can ask her about her coming projects re: drama series and/or movies?
It's been quite sometime since her last series, which if i'm not mistaken was stairway. . .i hope she will have a new project soon her fans are longing to see her in a drama or a movie.
so her fans will not forget her.

bluewater

2005.04.23 00:44:47

Hi Sandy,
one more time,I would like to say "thank you so much"
for your kindness to translate or sharing the information from cosmopolitan.
have a nice weekend. cheers...
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수sort
2866 Ji Woo, Happy Birthday To You!!! Au Au 2002-06-11 3226
2865 hannah/jake Is this about the birthday? [2] speed 2002-06-02 3226
2864 Re-decorate Jiwoo homepage~ [1] Jessie 2002-05-29 3226
2863 A Message for jjj [2] dotty 2002-05-17 3226
2862 i listen that BYJ will go to taiwan, will Ji Woo also go to taiwan too???????? [4] mei 2002-05-14 3226
2861 What's the news for Jiwoo? [2] Jessie 2002-04-16 3226
2860 <b>There is a movie of Jiwoo's greeting on the korean board. [3] 코스(W.M) 2007-12-22 3227
2859 Hello Chizu - Lima Peru [1] malena 2007-11-22 3227
2858 13/06 Ji-Woo's next project [8] sweetie 2006-06-14 3227
2857 STH Review 02-Feb-06 - Part 2/2 - by Felicia Soh @ Soompi's STH Thread [3] Jennifer O 2006-06-01 3227
2856 Interview from Japanese Magazine[translation] [7] biyo 2006-03-24 3227
2855 THE MOST EXPECTED SCREEN COUPLE OF THIS SPRING, 2006!!!! [5] hibiscus 2006-03-18 3227