Translated WOWOW Article in WOWOW Site

조회 수 3231 2004.11.15 00:12:56
Sandy
The article was posted by piku-san on the Jpanese board.  The interview was broadcased on a cable movie channel WOWOW and the article was up in their site.  I like the comments from WOWOW staff very much and would like to share with all the overseas fans.

QUOTE+++

Q:  Since there are various kinds of messages hidden in this movie, what issues do you want to convey to us?
A:  First of all, the eldest daughter seems having her marriage life like she forgot how to love.  However, once she meets another man, she started to feel the heartthrob sentiments of falling in love,  Regarding my role, I think about falling in love in a theoretical sense.  Therefore, I am the type of female who is always negative towards love.  But once I meet the man I adore, I’ve started to become positive passionately as it goes.  The real love is then what you’ve started to learn from one man.

Q:  What do you think about LBH as an actor?
A:  First of all, he is my senior among actors.  He is a wonderful actor with acting abilities in Korea too.  He gave me a lot of advice in terms of acting during the breaks of shooting.  I think that his No. 1 charisma is his refreshing smiles as you can tell after you watch this movie as well as his sharp gaze.

Q:  What do you think about the attractiveness of acting?
A:  I’m not sure about it yet.  Since I don’t have so much experience as the neighboring LBH does.  Simple things turn out to be difficult depending on the types of role.  Finally, everything always becomes brand new.  I think that is what acting is like.  The more you play, the more difficult it is.  You never know what it will be.  Everything is full of new discoveries.  

Q:  What is your motto?
A:  To do the best in everything and to thank for everything.

Q:  Is there any show or thing that you have done that you consider as changing your life?
A:  I think that it was Winter Sonata in which my acting was recognized by the public and became my huge turning point.

Q:  To wrap up, please say your message.
A:  Hello, I’m Choi Ji-woo.  ‘Everyone has Secrets’ will be released on Nov 27.  Please look forward to seeing me who you have never seen before.

Comments from the program staff:
1.  Their coming to Japan was chaotic as expected.  In the press conference, the size of the mass media, the heat and frantic were above the Hollywood stars.
2.  The atmosphere was so different from the usual one for Hollywood stars.  The mass media were waiting after the set-up of the cameras.  Then both of them showed up together in 30 minutes.  There were about 15 Koreans (related staff?) following behind them.  Even during the interview, you could hear the sounds of picture taking.  There were other cameras, which kept moving around us in the interview room that seemed to have made a huge muddle.
3.  We could feel that Jiwoo looked very calm maybe because she was used to that type of occasion but the thing we noticed most was her concern toward LBH.  It gave us an impression that Korea is a country which has clear-cut boundaries for seniors and juniors than Japan as we thought.  
4.  The one starring in Winter Sonata who created the social phenomenon in Japan didn’t get arrogant from her astounding popularity.  She was such a pretty lady who was so humble to move one step backward without losing her gracefulness.

UNQUOTE+++

What do you think?  The comments were EXACTLY what I thought.  I've never clicked on LBH's charisma although he's one of the Four Heavenly Kings.  But I really respect Jiwoo as an individual instead of a shiny showbiz star.  She will always be my Heavenly Queen and hopefully she can become an icon for Korean female actresses as BYJ for the nation of Korea in the Jpanese minds.

댓글 '5'

kk

2004.11.15 04:41:25

Thank you Sandy for the translations. I like Jiwoo becasue she is always considerate, humble and graceful. She seems to be a neighbourhood lovely girl rather than a shiny showbiz star. I am happy whenever i saw the positive remarks about her. Thank you again for sharing.

f18

2004.11.15 10:18:57

Thank you Sandy for the article - as I have mentioned elsewhere - her popularity is not a flash in the pan - she is slowly and steadily winning ppl's heart and mind thro her dedication to her profession.
She is so deserving of all the superlatives going her way.

xuexi

2004.11.15 17:05:43

Thank you, Sandy for sharing the article and translation. kk, I echo your very sentiment - that Jiwoo did not let her popularity clouded her values and principles. Indeed she is simply a neighbourhood lovely girl with charms and grace rather than a glamourous showbiz star.

Ya, f18 - her popularity is not a flash in the pan, she has come a long way with all her hardwork in doing the best in her acting career. And yes! She is so deserving of all the superlatives and positive remarks given to her.

Dear ladies, sending you smiles to brighten your days ahead~~~~

kk

2004.11.15 18:23:56

Dear Xuexi,

Yes. Jiwoo is really lovely in character. Did you read the translations by mr. yukiyuki -- The secret of Choijiwoo.
I posted only ch. 1 and part of ch.2 in jiwoolove.com and i am impressed with her kindness, EQ , etc. Do not miss this and i am going to post the second part of Ch.2 very soon.

Jennifer O

2004.11.16 02:01:59

Many thanks to Sandy for said translations.
Dear kk, f18 and xuexi, i certainly coincide with you gals : Jiwoo a lovely neighbourhood girl who is always a humble-pie, kind-hearted, very considerate, extremely diligent and full of charms. Forever our dearest princess!! Cheers :):):)
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수sort
2854 JiWoo news from HyunJu~!! [2] Jake (찬희) 2002-07-05 3224
2853 台湾朋友们加油! [3] Melissa 2002-06-05 3224
2852 A Message for jjj [2] dotty 2002-05-17 3224
2851 details on fan-meeting...(modified) [1] Jake (찬희) 2002-05-14 3224
2850 Jake~ Jessie 2002-05-07 3224
2849 From JiWoo's manager Mr. Kim... [4] Jake (찬희) 2002-05-06 3224
2848 Webmaster- Permission Required [1] jjj 2002-04-23 3224
2847 [re] Is that True, Jake?? [1] Jake (찬희) 2002-04-23 3224
2846 [re] If Ji Woo can come to taiwan....... Jake (찬희) 2002-04-23 3224
2845 What's the news for Jiwoo? [2] Jessie 2002-04-16 3224