freshdough
*** This is a structure I've created to (1) get variety out of JW, and (2) compensate for my weakness in plot development (which arielle seems to excel at), (3) attract contributions from people who want to write something short.
It focuses on love stories so that the miniseries will appeal to most K-drama fans, and also on songs (I can't live without music). You can craft your own episodes within this structure (hopefully with detailed scenes), but to maintain consistency please try to meet the Special Requirements. If you have better ideas for June's own personal love story, especially how it can link back to the episode's love story, you can add that too. ***

JW’s character June (can substitute with Korean name) is a DJ/radio presenter whose programme “Late Night Tales” is special because male listeners get to write in with their love stories. If June decides to read on-air a story, she would dedicate a love song to the writer of the story.

Every part/episode deal with 1 story, and one song. Each explores a particular facet of love. Each love story read on air is “acted out” by JW and different male leads (yes, all you oppa pickers can have a field day!). Each male lead is the guy that wrote the love story being read in the episode.

Special Requirements:
-        Love songs featured must match the story in the episode; need not be Korean, can be Chinese, English, etc. Should have subtitles for the song.
-        Each love story can play on clichéd plots/sub-plots of K-drama, but should add a certain twist to it. Try to showcase different sides to JW (soft, hard, fierce, funny, witty, etc.)
-        Must treat each love story as short story, because each one is an episode only. Have to think of scenes that very directly evocates the main facet of love featured in the episode

Mystery Bit:
Throughout the whole series we get some continuity via June’s own personal love life. Version 1: She is shown reading letters (or email?) from her own beloved. This person is never shown in person at all. The boyfriend could be overseas? Could be dead? The contents of these letters are reflected in the stories read by June.
Version 2: June gets letters from male listener X who comments on the stories have been read and about June herself. June’s curiosity is piqued by X. Subplot (or main plot, depending on how you look at it) develops between them.

Episode 1
-        Intro: we only hear JW’s voice on-air, we don’t see her in role as DJ. This builds suspense and “trains” audience about the radio setting of the series. But we will have JW shown playing the character in the love story.
-        Facet of love explored: loving a person but not his interests, i.e., loneliness in love, and attachment.
-        Song for this episode is “Somebody” by Depeche Mode (because the lyrics speak to  what the characters want, but don’t seem to be getting)

Scene 1 – in a moving car, on some highway, a male hand switches the radio channel to JW’s programme. [Main theme song, or even theme instrumental, should be the tune playing on the radio before this. Then sound editor just lead from it to JW’s programme.] JW’s voice comes on, announcing the programme, greets audience, etc. Proceeds to talk about the letters she has received, and why she picked the one she’s going to read today. Camera pans from car radio to backview mirror, we only see the male lead’s eyes.

Scene 2 – radio studio, camera pans around the room, the equipment, the LPs/Discs [for interest’s sake can sneak in shots of soundtracks from JW’s dramas, or even posters displayed around the room], partial shots of JW in DJ role.

Scene 3 – back to car
The story starts to be read on-air. Image fades out to “storytime” ….

Love Story read: (main points)
Male listener complains that his girlfriend is refusing to join him when he goes for ball games, drinking sessions. She tells him he doesn’t like to do the thing she likes (classical concerts, reading, arty movies), so vice versa.
Male listener thinks he loves the girl very much, but does not ever think he’ll be able to sit through another Mozart concert, or French arthouse film without getting impatient. He does not want to break up with her. He’s thinking: can love exist without shared interests? Can he compromise for the rest of his life?

Story acted out: (main points)
JW in girlfriend’s role is lonely when she reluctantly joins the guy in his rowdy activities. She is afraid of losing him, but does not want to lose her self/identity either.
Boyfriend fidgets with her quiet pursuits.
Neither of them knows what to do on dates. The growing sense of unease suggests they are drifting apart.

Ending scene – we hear again the love song for the story.

댓글 '4'

dr Love

2004.07.07 22:11:45

freshdough,You are a natural born yarn-spinner....my goodness,i absolutely love this story...it's so original and fresh n departs from the usual hackneyed k-melodrama plots that we're familiar with...hey,pal,it really stands a chance at getting noticed...if not,sell the idea to mediacorp...u will hit big time,i just know it..u really are a gifted writer,flaunt it,ok..keep dem stories rollin' in n our late nights will never be the same again.

Xuexi

2004.07.08 18:40:05

Ya, that's why I say you ladies are undiscovered potential novel writers! You can do this as sideline or keep this as your COB outlet should you decide to quit this rat racing world?!

For me I cud only think of ideas and then brain dead at the development of story plot. I really enjoy reading all your brilliant stuff. What a stretch of your talent and expansion of your imagination !!!!

Ladies, keep your dreams alive and keep going .........

^_^**

freshdough

2004.07.08 20:14:36

You are making me blush!
Actually my own creative juices are running a bit low now. I'm waiting for you gals to jump in and tell some stories. You must have some!
Even ideas for plots are good. Just post them. If I get inspired I'll write them out in greater detail.

arielle_ng

2004.07.10 01:56:10

Fresh dough..... you sure have FRESH ideas !
Now my mind is clutter with my story.... will join you once I am done !

Go on !
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수sort
2818 Thank you, our sweet Ji Woo sandy 2002-11-18 3225
2817 CJW attends an event [1] Jake (찬희) 2002-11-08 3225
2816 Reply the letter from Jake sandy 2002-08-24 3225
2815 Piano music [Flash] Jake (찬희) 2002-07-05 3225
2814 Mina-Watching You [lyrics] Jake (찬희) 2002-07-05 3225
2813 Request for help with lyrics of "You were born to be loved" [3] seaweed girl 2002-06-29 3225
2812 WELCOME!! taiwan's fans~ [2] ally(앨리럽지우) 2002-06-08 3225
2811 hi~guys [2] nancy 2002-06-06 3225
2810 Other websites jude 2002-06-05 3225
2809 hannah/jake Is this about the birthday? [2] speed 2002-06-02 3225
2808 Happy Birthday! suzie 2002-06-02 3225
2807 JiWoo filming location photo [3] Jake (찬희) 2002-05-13 3225